- What is a Bridge in the context of Carbonable.
- Here’s a 4-step guide to make you bridging your Carbonable NFTs from Juno to StarkNet easy!
We are excited to announce the live opening of the Bridge platform to enable you to bridge your Carbonable NFTs from the Juno network to the StarkNet network.
What is a bridge
A bridge between two networks refers to a mechanism that allows for the transfer of assets, Token or NFTs, from one blockchain to another. For example, a token bridge might allow for the transfer of an ERC-721 token from the Juno blockchain to the StarkNet Layer 2 blockchain.
The way it works is that the bridge is typically composed of a set of smart contracts on both networks and a backend listening to blockchain events. When a user wants to transfer an asset from one blockchain to another, they will first interact with the smart contract on the source blockchain, here Juno. The smart contract will then create a proof of the transaction, which emit an event to the smart contract on the destination blockchain. The smart contract on the destination blockchain will then validate the proof and transfer the asset to the user’s account on the destination blockchain.
Overall, bridges between networks are an important tool for improving interoperability and allowing for the transfer of assets and data between different blockchain networks.
Which Projects are you able to bridge?
Banegas Farm Reforestation project aims to reforest an area of land that has been affected by deforestation, using a combination of native tree species and agroforestry practices.
Las Delicias Mangrove Restoration project aims to restore a degraded mangrove ecosystem in the Gulf of California.
Prerequisites to Bridge your NFTs from Juno to StarkNet
- You must have a StarkNet wallet (Argent X or Braavos) set up on alpha-mainnet.
→ Please note that the Braavos wallet is only supported on browsers and not on phones.
- Make sure that you have enough funds in your Keplr wallet (Juno network) to pay for the transaction fees.
- It’s advisable to check the estimated gas fees before proceeding with the migration process.
→ Use Mintscan to visualize transactions and check gas fees for Juno network.
→ Use starkscan to visualize transactions and check gas fees for StarkNet network.
How to Bridge your NFTs from Juno to StarkNet
Are you looking to move your NFTs from the Juno network to the StarkNet network? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Step 0: Go to the Carbonable Bridge website
Step 1: Connect Your Wallets
- First, you’ll need to connect your wallet from the Juno blockchain (Keplr) and your wallet from the StarkNet network (Argent X or Braavos).
- Once your wallets are connected, you’ll be able to see the number of NFTs you have for each project.
Step 2: Sequestrate Your NFTs from Juno Network
- To transfer your NFTs from the Juno network to the StarkNet network, you’ll need to sequestrate them first. This means sending them to a Carbonable wallet dedicated address.
- To do this, you’ll need to sign the transaction with your Keplr wallet. Once signed, your NFTs will be sent to the Carbonable wallet and be sequestered.
Step 3: Migrate Your NFTs to StarkNet Network
- Next, you’ll need to migrate your NFTs to the StarkNet network and receive them on your Starknet wallet.
- To do this, you’ll need to sign, with your Keplr wallet, the address of your StarkNet wallet.
- This will confirm your ownership of the Keplr wallet and identify your StarkNet wallet.
- Then, it will allow you to receive your NFTs on the StarkNet network.
Step 4: Monitoring the Migration
- Once the ownership of your NFTs has been verified, the migration transaction will be queued.
- You can monitor the progress of the migration by checking the transaction status on the web page, once the transaction will be in processing.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to successfully bridge your NFTs from the Juno network to the StarkNet network. Once bridge, your NFTs will be visible in your wallet (Argent X and Braavos) and on the main marketplaces :
- Once the migration is successful, you can verify the transaction on starkscan.io
We would like to thank you for the trust you place in us and using our bridge to transfer your NFTs from the Juno network to the StarkNet network. We understand that the process of migrating assets can be complex and time-consuming, and we’re glad that we could make it easier for you. We would also like to thank you for choosing Carbonable as the service provider to fund decarbonized projects. We hope you enjoy your experience on the StarkNet network and we look forward to serving you again in the future.